General care tips for jewellery.
- All jewellery should be treated with care.
- Care should be taken when using cosmetic products such as perfumes, hairspray, tanning lotion, creams etc. It is best to apply products first and allow them to dry fully before putting on your jewellery
- In order to prevent scratches to your jewellery, store it separately either in the boxes or pouches.
- Never shower, sleep, swim, exercise etc. in your jewellery.
- Gemstone beads and pearls should never be immersed in jewellery cleaner.
- Take care not to knock your jewellery on hard surfaces as this can cause semi-precious stones to crack or chip and metal may dent.
- Chains can be delicate - please take care not to catch or tug them.
- Check that the butterflies on earrings are tight so as not to lose earrings and ensure catches are done up securely.
Care for silver
All silver tarnishes with time. This happens naturally when it comes into contact with sulphides in the air, natural oils in the skin and general pollution in our environment. To keep it looking its best either polish it gently with a silver cloth or wash it in warm soapy water, using a soft toothbrush to get into any awkward crevices. Always read the instructions carefully when using cleaning fluids as certain stones e.g. pearls and gemstones should not be immersed.
hide cleaning instructions.